Jan 24 Funky Monkey 5K & Fun Run to Raise Money for Local Non-Profits
Funky Monkey 5K & Fun Run to Raise Money for Local Non-Profits
POSTED ON 01/24/17
Thompson Engineering has announced plans for the 6th Annual Funky Monkey 5K & Fun Run scheduled for Saturday, March 11, 2017. The event will be held at the University of South Alabama Intramural fields as a fundraiser for the Thompson Foundation.
The Funky Monkey is a family-friendly event that encourages fitness, philanthropy and fun. Participants can choose to take part in a 3.1-mile run, jog or walk through the campus or a ¾-mile fun run. All participants are invited to enjoy the event’s favorite feature, Mobile’s Biggest Banana Split by Cammie’s Old Dutch Ice Cream Shoppe.
During an awards ceremony following the race, the recipient of the Funky Monkey Charity Challenge will be awarded a $1,000 grant from the Thompson Foundation. The Charity Challenge encourages non-profits to recruit supporters to participate in the charity’s name. It is just one way the event raises funds for charitable causes. All funds raised at the 2017 Funky Monkey will be returned to non-profits in the communities where Thompson employees live and work to support organizations, programs, and activities that strengthen our social framework, education, and sense of community. The Thompson Foundation recently surpassed the $600,000 mark in giving.
- Winners of the 5K and Fun Run will also be recognized during the awards ceremony.
- Funky Monkey Highlights
- Funky Monkey 5K start time –8am
- Funky Monkey Fun Run start time –8:45am
- Funky Monkey Charity Challenge –Any 501(c)3 charity is invited to recruit supporters to register. The charity with the largest support receives $1,000 from the Thompson Foundation. (Deadline to register is March 9.)
- Mobile’s Biggest Banana Split by Cammie’s Old Dutch Ice Cream Shoppe. Watch as it’s created and then enjoy a bite of a huge banana split at the Funky Monkey Finish Party! Other finish party perks include PB&J sandwiches, hot dogs & door prizes.
- Online registration is available through March 9 at this link.
Pick up a registration form at McCoy’s Outdoor, Run-N-Tri or Fleet Feet in Mobile or Running Wild in Fairhope. Day of registration begins at 6:30am at the University of South Alabama Intramural Fields.