Garrows Bend Intermodal Container Transfer Facility
Thompson Engineering was selected to provide the design for the dredging, land reclamation, geotechnical engineering, surveying, and construction support services for the Garrows Bend Intermodal Container Transfer Facility(ICTF)–Phase I Design project. The project includes an 80-acre ICTF and value-added distribution industrial parks.
Thompson’s responsibilities included:
- Design for the land reclamation at the Garrows Bend ICTF site. The design includes identification of potential borrow sources for the reclamation fill including public dredged material containment facilities (both federal and state) and private dredged material containment facilities/borrow pits.
- Design of an armored dike.
- Development and implementation of a supplemental geotechnical investigation including the Rail Bridge and approaches.
- Topographic, bathymetric, and right-of-way surveys to support the design, including roadway and utility easements.
- Construction Support Services.